2017 Ohio TRIAD Senior Conference
Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine is partnering with Sheriff Robert Radcliff, the Pickaway County Sheriff’s Office, the Ohio Christian University, and the SALT council of Pickaway County to host the 2017 Ohio TRIAD Senior Conference.
Thursday August 24, 2017
7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Ohio Christian University (OCU)
Circleville, Ohio 43113
Contact person: Deputy Dale Gillette | firstname.lastname@example.org | 740-701-8631
Please fill in the following information to register online.
S.A.L.T. / SENIORS AND LAW ENFORCEMENT TOGETHER
Since 1988, Triad has helped law enforcement keep older adults safe in their communities by using older volunteers and others within the private sector who have a vested interest in older adults.
In 1988, representatives from the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP), the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP), and the National Sheriffs’ Association (NSA) came together to attempt to define a way to help keep older adults safe from crime. The Triad model emerged from that effort.
Triad is not an acronym; it represents a group of three. Triad’s goal at its inception, as now, is to reduce crime against older adults, and to reduce the fear of crime that older adults often experience.
WHAT IS S.A.L.T.?
Salt is an acronym that stands for:
- Law Enforcement
It is a cooperative effort between the Senior Citizens of Pickaway County, The Pickaway County Senior Center and the Pickaway County Sheriff’s Office.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE FOR A S.A.L.T. COUNCIL
A salt council is formed to run the local TRIAD with the following goals:
- To decrease crime and the “Fear” of crime in order to raise livability for our seniors.
- To increase and improve senior crime prevention and education.
- To improve local law enforcement’s knowledge of the crime prevention needs of seniors.
- To identify the concerns of local senior citizens.
- To improve senior victim assistance.
- To involve senior citizens in crime prevention and the educational efforts of S.A.L.T. and the raise awareness of the community of these special issues.
WHEN AND WHERE IS THE S.A.L.T. COUNCIL MEETINGS?
The Pickaway Salt Council meets every 3rd Wednesday at 1:00 P.M. located at the Pickaway County Senior Center 2105 Chickasaw Drive Circleville, Ohio
PROGRAMS AVAILABLE FOR SENIORS IN PICKAWAY COUNTY
- AARP Driver Safety Program- a Classroom course for motorists age 50 and over.
- Safe Bank Project – A presentation for seniors to learn common signs of financial exploitation, explanation of the law and voluntary reporting requirements.
- Project Lifesaver – A bracelet that is placed on a person that has Alzheimer’s or any other medical condition that would cause that person to wonder can be located by trained officers with special equipment locate them.