The Pickaway County Sheriff’s Office is proud to have the Sheriff’s Reserve as an essential part of its day-to-day operation. The Reserves are concerned citizens from the community that have been trained and certified as peace officers through the Ohio Peace Officer Training Commission. These trusted individuals volunteer their time to the Sheriff’s Office and the Pickaway County Community.
These deputies supplement the full-time deputies in many activities throughout the year for the Sheriff’s Office. In addition to day-to-day operations, the reserves assist at the Pickaway County Fair, Circleville Pumpkin Show, and other events throughout the year.
- Good driving record;
- No criminal record;
- Completion of secondary education or equivalent;
- Possession of certificate of having successfully completed approved basic peace officer training program per section 109.77(A) of Ohio Revised Code;
- Ability to successfully pass required employment checks such as criminal record, background checks (including polygraph examination), intelligence, physical, mental, and work-related tests;
- Must purchase your own uniforms and equipment to Pickaway County Sheriff’s Office standards;
- Must have the ability to become a commissioned deputy sheriff.
Click Here to learn about our hiring process, disqualifiers, and other information.
If you have questions about joining the Reserves, contact Lt. Jon Rhoades at 740-477-6000 x 2287.
Please Fill Out The Following Information Below To Apply For Reserve Deputy Position