…JOB POSTING CLOSED…
Updated: August 24, 2017
DATE OF POSTING: May 24th, 2017
TITLE OF POSITION: Jail Cook
Completion of vocational course in food preparation or six (6) months’ Experience cooking in institutional, school, or restaurant setting, plus one (1) course in food service equipment or one (1) month’s experience, or equivalent; ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers and to read and write simple sentences.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Must possess valid Ohio driver’s license. Must obtain Corrections Officer certification (routine contact) within one (1) year of date of hire.
- Preparing, cooking and serving basic meals Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner for inmates ranging from 60-120 inmates and 10-30 staff members daily.
- Cleaning jail kitchen daily.
- Operating Kitchen Equipment (dish machine, ovens, gas burners, food slicer, fryers, steam table, microwave, stand mixer, flat top griddle, coffee maker.)
- Supervising inmate trusties when they are in the kitchen working.
- Putting truck stock away when order is delivered.
- Taking care of special diets for the inmates when needed. Example- Diabetics Diets, Food Allergies.
– One (1) year
RATE OF PAY:
– See contract for steps or contact appointing authority.
– Submit resume and letter explaining your interest and qualifications.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
– Dave Evans, Human Resources Administrator
High School Grad/GED: Yes
Valid OHIO State Driver’s License: Yes
Ability to Read/Speak English: Yes
Vision: Must have corrected vision to 20/20
Prior Experience: Preferred but not required
Necessary Certifications: N/A
Specific Disqualifiers/Behaviors: Felony, Criminal Activity Disqualifiers The following occurrences and/or incidents in a candidate’s background may result in disqualification from the selection process (but are not limited to): Felony Conviction Driving Disqualifiers Poor driving history. Drug Use Disqualifiers Illegal use of controlled substances and/or conviction for controlled substance violation. Employment Disqualifiers Poor work history to include abuse of sick leave, disciplinary actions showing disregard for policies and procedures, etc.
Financial Disqualifiers Poor credit history including debts not being regularly paid. Additional Disqualifiers Other concerns deemed undesirable in a Corrections Officer position given the responsibilities incumbent to this position.
Pickaway County Sheriff’s Office
600 Island Rd.
Circleville, Ohio 43113
Please Fill Out The Following Information Below To Apply For The Jail Cook Position